Norwegian DJ and producer Finnebassen heads to Sydney this December, playing Glenworth Valley’s Lost Paradise Festival and our very own SPICE Ashore on New Years Day, January 1st.
Tickets available from Reckless Republic and Resident Advisor.
This is how the Oslo-based Finnebassen aka Finn Peder Wang, “a 25 year old guy who makes house music and downtempo and other kinds of music” is still managing to make waves in the ever-changing sea of a music industry.
- He started off as a bedroom producer in his hometown of Oslo and began playing gigs locally, before being picked up by UK label Electronique.
- 2012 saw the release of his critically acclaimed ‘Touching Me’, now having reached number 1 on Beatport’s Deep House Chart, receiving airplay by Pete Tong on Radio 1 and since garnering over a whooping 15 million views on YouTube.
- He’s managed to hold down residencies at Jaeger and The Villa, in his hometown of Oslo.
- Finnebassen’s remix of the Brandy track ‘Baby’, was picked up by UK blog, record label and events brand, The House of Disco.
- He notes artists such as Solomun, Maceo Plex and Art Department as key influences to his musical growth and evolution.
- Not only does he DJ and produce music, but Finnebassen often plays guitar in his tracks. (Including a free gig and live set, guitar and all, for Musicfest Oslo).
- He’s toured regularly and extensively across Europe, Asia, USA and Australia, playing Circoloco at DC10 in Ibiza, Watergate and Ritter Butzke in Berlin, as well as fabric, Egg in London and STRAFT_WERK Festival in Amsterdam.
Aside from all this, Finnebassen managed to release an essential mix August last year, not only as a combination – but as a celebration of his varied taste in music, this mix showcases his development and progression as an electronic musician in the prime of his career. Check it out below: