Hailing from Hamburg, Germany, Sebastian Doering’s solo project Lovebirds is returning to Sydney, playing SPICE Ashore at Cafe Del Mar on January 1st. Having previously played at The Spice Cellar in 2013, SPICE Afloat New Years Day in 2014, and Queen’s birthday long weekend at S.A.S.H. in June this year, Doering will once again bring forth his flawless blend of groovy, nostalgic house for another unforgettable day of classic house music.
Tickets available from Reckless Republic and Resident Advisor
Here are 5 more reasons to fall in love with Lovebirds:
1. His website is kind of adorable. Here, his musical style is described as “like a blast from the past with house steroids packing serious production muscle. Listening to Lovebirds is like taking a trip back to the 70’s and 80’s – but riding in a gleaming futuristic spaceship.”
2. Lovebirds is also playing this years Beyond The Valley. Situated in Gippsland Parklands in Lardner, Victoria is this year’s annual camping festival, Beyond The Valley. Doering will be playing along the likes of Finnebassen, Oscar Key Sung, Seth Troxler, Jamie xx and Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs.
3. He has remixed Jamiroquai as Knee Deep. Together with partner Torsten Freese, Doering formed a partnership called Knee Deep in 1998, which went on to remix three Jamiroquai tracks, ‘Feels So Good’, ‘Main Vein’, and ‘Love Foolosophy’. In 2003, the duo founded their own Kneedeep Recordings, producing up and coming acts, DJ Jorj and Pound Boys.
4. Doering sites Michael Jackson, Moodymann and Toro y Moi, as some of his influences. Along with Bon Iver, J Dilla, Quincy Jones and Prince.
5. He released this classic, feel-good track of 2011, “Want You In My Soul”. With it’s insanely catchy lyrics, uplifting melody and blossoming synths, this killer 8-minute summer track rapidly won the hearts and souls of house lovers worldwide. Check it out, below: